Monday, August 5, 2019
EKITI STATE POLICE PRESS RELEASE
PARADE OF SUSPECTS.
You are welcome to today’s press briefing aimed at showcasing some of the achievements recorded by the Nigeria Police Force, Ekiti State Command in crime prevention, control and detection.
In order to further stem the tide of criminalities and other nefraoius activities in Ekiti State, the Command puff-Adder operatives in conjunction with SARS operatives had during the period under review raided various hideouts and blackspots where suspected criminals are hibernating in various communities within the State as follows:
1. CASE OF CULTISM:- On the 1st of August, 2019 at about 2140hrs at Oke-Ila, Ado-Ekiti. SARS operatives of the Command, acting on information received; swung into action and apprehended two (2) suspects namely: Oseni Toheed Adesola ‘m’ and Oni Oluwafemi ‘m’. The arrested suspects confessed to be members of “AYE” confratanity cult group, on sighting SARS operatives the other suspects took to their heels. Effort is on top gear for possible arrest of other fleeing suspects.
(i) Oseni Toheed Adesola ‘m’
(ii) Oni Oluwafemi ‘m’
2. CASE OF CONSPIRACY AND ARMED ROBBERY:- On the 25/07/2019, armed robbery suspect were arrested for forcefully breaking into the house of their victims and robbed them of their valuables at gun point. The suspect Akinyemi Seun confessed to the commission of the crime along with his gang members namely: Go-sense, odunaya a.k.a Amintin, Olamide A.K.A DJ effort to arrest the members of his gang is ongoing.
3. CASE OF ARMED ROBBERY:- On 23/04/2019 at about 0613hrs, one Adebayo Tope a.k.a “See war” ‘m’ of No.35 Igbehin Street, Ado-kiti and others at large accompanied one Ogunmuyite Odunayo a.k.a ‘07’ who was arrested, charged to court and remanded in prison custody. They attacked and robbed one Omodudu Tope ‘m’, Sunday Samuel and Ajayi Opeyemi ‘m’ of their hands sets and cash sum of (#192,000:00) at gun point.
On 28/07/2019 at about 1300hrs Adebayo Tope a.k.a “See war” and his gang attacked and robbed a petrol attendant at NIPCO filling station Irona Ado-Ekiti and also threatened to burn down the station. It took the intervention of safer highway petrol men to save the filling station from been burnt. Meanwhile some of the guns used to perpetrate the crime were recovered and registered as exhibits. While effort is on to arrest other fleeing suspects of the gang.
Adedayo Tope a.k.a “Seewar” 35yrs
(i) One (1) double barrel locally made pistol
(ii) Nine (9) live cartridges
(iii) Two (2) Cutlasses
4. CASE OF HOUSE BREAKING, STEALING AND RECEIVING OF STOLEN PROPERTY:- On 25/07/2019 at about 14:00hrs, One Sanmi Ajayi ‘m’ was caught while breaking into the dwelling house of one Omolola Ayodele ‘f’ of Surulere Street Omisanjana Area, Ado Ekiti. On sighting the suspect by one Adesegun Innocent ‘m’, he called on SARS personnel who eventually apprehended the suspect. The suspect confessed during interrogation that he is a serial burglar and that he has broken into more than hundred houses in Ado Ekiti metropolis between 2009 and 2019 respectively. He has taken the police to several places where he had earlier broken into and carted away properties belonging to the owners of the houses. Some of the houses broken by the suspect are the residence of one Nicholas Oyiogor ‘m’ of behind Ben Folarin college Igbo Aso Omisanjana Ado - Ekiti wherein he stole one laptop computer and the sum of N40,000:00 which were found in the possession of the suspect during his arrest. The suspect further confessed to have previously broken into the dwelling house of Matthew Nwaeze of Behind NTA Ado – Ekiti where he stole the sum of N1,200,000:00. Investigation revealed that the suspect also broke into the residence of Akinola Tokunbo and Mayowa Ogunlola where he stole mobile phones and laptop computers. The suspects indicted Moyinoluwa Victor and Ibijoju Michael as the receivers of the stolen phones and laptop computers. Some items stolen by Sanmi Ajayi such as laptop computers, phones, plasma TV set and PS4 player were recovered from Moyinoluwa Victor and Ibijoju Micheal. The principal suspect Sanmi Ajayi confessed to have made use of the proceeds from the loots to build a two-bedroom flat located behind NTA Ado-Ekiti and he further confessed to had earlier been arrested, charged to court, convicted and served jail terms in Federal prison custody Ado Ekiti for five times in related offence. The two receivers one Moyinoluwa Victor ‘m’ of Oke Oniyo street Ado-Ekiti and Ibijoju Micheal ‘m’ of No 27 Okemi Street Ogotun Ekiti confessed to have been receiving stolen items from the principal suspect to help him sell same to innocent citizens and after sales of the stolen items, return back to the principal suspect with the proceed from the sales. The principal suspect Sanmi Ajayi confessed that Moyinoluwa Victor is still owing him the sum of N50,000:00. It was also confirmed that the two receivers Moyinoluwa Victor and Ibijoju Michael sometimes paid the principal suspect Sanmi Ajayi ahead of his operation thereby encouraging him to continue committing the heinous crime. Meanwhile, effort is on top gear for possible recovery of other stolen items.
(i) Sanmi Ajayi a.k.a Omo Chelsea ‘m’ 29yrs
(ii) Moyinoluwa Victor a.k.a Omoga ‘m’ 29yrs
(iii) Ibijoju Michael a.k.a Ogotun ‘m’ 32yrs.
(i) Ten laptop computers
(ii) Fifteen mobile phones
(iii) Seven ipad
(iv) One ps4 player.
5. CASE OF ARMED ROBBERY:- On 26/07/2019 at about 11:05hrs, at Bank road, Ado-Ekiti, one Aregbesola Funmilayo of No. 65, Olorunda Zone 9, Ado-Ekiti was waylaid and robbed of her purse containing One Hundred Thousand Naira, one Samsung phone, and ATM card at gun point by one Akomire Victor when she was going to Access Bank at Bank road, Ado-Ekiti to deposit money. Suspect was tracked by SARS operatives and arrested at GT Bank Ado-Ekiti. The Samsung phone stolen from the complainant was recovered from the suspect. Effort is still on high gear to recover the gun used to perpetrate the evil.
Akomire Victor ‘m’
(a) One (1) Samsung phone.
6. CASE OF CONSPIRACY, VANDALIZATION AND STEALING:- On 01/06/2019 at about 02:00hrs, one Oluwole Felix ‘m’, Samuel Ayo ‘m’ and three others at large went to MTN telecommunication mast site in Ijan Ekiti and vandalaized solar batteries emplaced therein. On sighting the police the hoodlums took to their heels and left behind one Toyota Picnic space bus, seven solar batteries, some cable wires and one itel phone. Subsequently, effort intensified by SARS operatives led to the arrest of Oluwole Felix ‘m’ and Samuel Ayo ‘m’ in Ore town, Ondo State. The two arrested suspects confessed to the commission of the crime and other previous related crime. They confessed further that they were five in number that came from Ondo State to perpetrate the crime. Effort is on for possible arrest of other fleeing suspects.
(i) Oluwole Felix ‘m’
(ii) Samuel Ayo ‘m’
(a) One (1) toyota picnic space bus
(b) One (1) itel phone
(c) Seven (7) Solar batteries
(d) Some cable wires
7. CASE OF STORE BREAKING AND STEALING:- On 28/07/2019 at about 14:00hrs, one Ojo Odunayo ‘m’ was arrested in Ado Ekiti by a team of SARS operatives. The suspect was found with numerous sachets of tramadol tablets and capsules. Upon interrogation, the suspect confessed that sometimes in the month of July, 2019, he singlehandedly broke into a pharmaceutical store located at Ajibade Lane, Ado Ekiti belonging to one Christopher Ogbu ‘m’ where he carted away alot of drugs including tramadol. Lots of Anti-malaria medicines were recovered from house of the suspect during search. Suspect is still in Police custody undergoing interrogation.
Ojo odunayo ‘m’
(a) Tramadol tablets and capsules
(b) Swinor capsules
(d) Other anti-malaria medicine.
8. CASE OF CONSPIRACY AND ARMED ROBBERY:- On 26/06/2019 at about 01:00hrs, a gang of armed robbers numbering six, invaded Okebola Street and Ekute Quarters, Ado Ekiti respectively. During the incident, one Barr. Adesola Omotowo , Azeez Kareem, Taiwo Afuye, Jimoh Akorede, Ajayi Ibukun, Aribasoye Olayinka, Tajero Adebayo and Olumide Sango ‘M’ were robbed at gun point of their valuables such as mobile phones, computer laptop, money, vital documents and a car key. Effort intensified by SARS operatives led to the arrest of one Sunday Ojo a.k.a Opolo,Anidu Ajibade and Mohammed Abubakar Bello the receiver of the stolen Gold who confessed to the commission of the crime and mentioned other members of his gang now at large as Amidu, Ariku Abbey, Yeye, Ojo and Muda. One itel handset belonging to one of the complainant of the case stolen from the scene of crime was recovered from One Lawal Sadiat ‘F’.Upon her arrest, Investigation revealed that lawal sadiat is the wife to Ariku Abbey who is now at large. Effort is still in progress for possible arrest of other fleeing suspects and recovery of other stolen items in their possession.
Sunday ojo a.k.a opolo ‘m’ 20yrs .Anidu ajibade 'M'30yrs. Mohammed Abubakar Bello.
(a) One (1) itel handset
(b) One Cut to size small gun loaded with one live cartridge.
DSP Caleb Ikechukwu.
Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO),
FOR:Commissioner of Police, Ekiti State Command Ado Ekiti.
Attention of Lagos State Police Command is drawn to a video on social media in which a Lady alleged that her vehicles was impounded by t...
Nigeria’s leading financial institution, Zenith Bank Plc, has reaffirmed its commitment to support local Small and Medium Scale En...